- How to schedule an appointment – If you are interested in receiving services from UBA, please call 202-836-7776. One of our skilled intake specialists will be able to walk you through the intake process.
- What to expect at the first appointment– Your first appointment at UBA will last approximately 80-90 minutes. Was ask that you arrive 20 minutes before your scheduled appointment time to complete any necessary paperwork. During your appointment, one of our licensed clinicians will spend time talking with you to learn more about any mental wellness concerns you may have and how we can best serve you.
- What insurances you take– We accept Maryland Medicaid, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Medicare, and several Washington, DC Medicaid MCOs. IF we do not currently accept your insurance, or you would prefer to not use your insurance, we will be happy to speak with you with payment options as well as provide you with necessary paperwork for submission to your insurance company for reimbursement.
- What if I need to cancel an appointment– We understand that situations arise and there may be a need to cancel your appointment. We ask that you contact us 24 business hours ahead of your appointment to cancel or reschedule. Cancellations less than 24 business hours in advance may be subject to a $75 cancellation fee.
- Crisis Number information– Should an emergency arise outside of our normal business
hours, we ask that you call 911, go to your nearest emergency room, or call one of the
following 24 hour crisis numbers:
- Prince George’s County Crisis – 301-429-2185
- Access HelpLine (Washington DC) – 888-793-4357
- Charles County Crisis Intervention Hotline – 301-645-3336