How do you Mind Your Health?
Taking a screening test is one of the quickest and easiest ways to determine whether you are experiencing symptoms of a mental health condition.
Did you know that…
- About 1 in 5 American adults will have a mental health condition in any given year?1
- But only 41 percent of them will receive services?1
- About 10 percent of the American adult population will have a mood disorder, such as depression or bipolar?2 3
- And 18 percent have an anxiety disorder, including post-traumatic stress disorder?2 3
Mental health conditions, such as depression or anxiety, are real, common and treatable. And recovery is possible. But not all of us think about our mental health enough.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Results from the 2012 National Survey on Drug Use and Health: Mental Health Findings, NSDUH Series H-47, HHS Publication No. (SMA) 13-4805. Rockville, MD: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, 2013.
- Kessler RC, Chiu WT, Demler O, Walters EE. Prevalence, severity, and comorbidity of twelve-month DSM-IV disorders in the National Comorbidity Survey Replication (NCS-R). Archives of General Psychiatry, 2005 Jun;62(6):617-27.
- U.S. Census Bureau Population Estimates by Demographic Characteristics. Table 2: Annual Estimates of the Population by Selected Age Groups and Sex for the United States: April 1, 2000 to July 1, 2004 (NC-EST2004-02) Source: Population Division, U.S. Census Bureau Release Date: June 9, 2005. http://www.census.gov/popest/national/asrh/